More than 75 per cent of the calories in an Avocado come from unsaturated fat, most of which is monosaturated that helps you in keeping your health in check. Avocado contains healthy fat and vitamins E and C, potassium, fibre as well as the anti-oxidant, lutein that helps in keeping your vision and skin healthy. Studies show that they also help in reducing the cholesterol levels, improve heart health and keeping the weight on track.
Fresh and Healthy Avocado Salad
Healthy, fresh and serves as an insanely addicting side dish is perfect for barbeques, potlucks and family get-togethers. This Avocado salad can be made in under 10 minutes and is low in carbohydrates, gluten-free and vegan. It is creamy and healthy because of the healthy fats from the avocados, crisp and crunch from the cucumbers and a tangy touch from the onions. Even though this salad is a simple chopped veggie packed with a ton of flavour, it tastes amazing when combined with a dressing of olive oil, white vinegar and lemon juice.
Step 1: Take a salad bowl and add diced avocados, onions, cherry tomatoes and mint leaves.
Step 2: Add one tablespoon of olive oil, white vinegar and ½ a spoon of lemon.
Step 3: Now with a salad spatula, toss all the ingredients and sprinkle some salt. Serve immediately.
This healthy and tasty salad is amazing and tastes even better when served with grilled vegetable rice, pasta, pita bread baked nachos.
• 3 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
• 1-pint cherry tomatoes sliced in half
• 1 large cucumber sliced
• 1 medium red onion sliced
• 1/2 cup chopped mint leaves
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon white vinegar
• 1/2 lemon juiced (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
• Salt to taste
1. Add the diced avocados, cucumbers, red onions, cherry tomatoes and mint in a large bowl.
2. Top with the olive oil, white wine vinegar and lemon juice.
3. Toss together gently, sprinkle with sea salt and serve immediately.
This salad is best served immediately after making.
Easy to make Avocado Chips
We all crave for evening snacks but hogging on a healthy one when you are surrounded by junk foods and sugary treats can be difficult. This recipe of baked Avocado chips is not only healthy but will also satisfy your taste buds.
Take a baking plate, spray some heating oil and flatten the avocado dough. This recipe is not only easy but tasty and mess free.
Servings: 4 People
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Total Preparation Time: Under 30 minutes
• 1 large ripe avocado
• ½ bowl freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• ½ Oregano and regular Italian seasoning
• Salt (as per taste)
• Black Pepper
1) Peel off the ripe Avocado and mash it in the bowl with a fork until the texture becomes smooth and buttery. Add some Parmesan cheese, squeeze some lemon juice, add garlic powder, oregano and some Italian seasoning. Preheat oven to 325° and line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Mix the Avocado smooth dough with add-ons, stir it well. Add some pepper and salt to taste.
3) Take a heap teaspoon-size scoops of mixing on a baking sheet of mixture on baking sheet, leaving about 3-apart between each scoop. Flatten each scoop with the back the back of a spoon and bake the dough until crisp and golden for 20 minutes and let it cool. Serve at room temperature.
Serve it with guacamole and hummus.